Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Getting Ready for a 5k!

On October 17th I am going to do a 5k! I choose the beautiful Redwoods Marathon to participate in. Proceeds will go towards saving these beautiful trees that only exist in a few places around the world. I have all these ideas for creating a team, planning a BBQ the night before, even t-shirts, but I have to force myself to put it on the back burner because I have a lot to do for work. As an event planner, over doing even the smallest occasion is in my blood!

Yesterday I met with the marketing manager for a local gym. I hoping to do some work for them in exchange for a membership. This gym is extremely luxurious, by far the best in the area. I'm very happy my business allows me to work with people on this level. Expecting their call today! Come on Delta Valley! I NEED this!

So here is a beautiful picture of the redwoods to motivate me. I am so excited for this!

4 comments:

  1. That is a brave undertaking. Good luck with all the training and the event! Looking forward to hearing about it. I'm scared of running. Even in my slim days, running was never my thing. I get short of breath in two seconds and my knees hurt like crazy afterwards and that was before I had the weight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I wish you the best of luck as I can't run 200 meters without being tired. I think completing this will be a huge self esteem boost for you! And that's pretty cool about the gym membership. It's a bonus to get it for free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could join in, but I'm on the wrong coast! Looks like you're going to have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, all! I got the membership! woo hoo! I appreciate your support.

    ReplyDelete