Saturday, July 31, 2010

Goal for Today: NO CAKE

Damn super fun, food filled, California State Fair! Last week I totally fucked up and had a funnel cake, yesterday it was an awesome blossum. This onion based food might seem innocent, breaded onion and dressing? but no! It's a whopping 2710 calories, but the horror of the calories does not nearly compare to the horror of the pure fat content.


I ate about half of this bad boy. And if that was not bad enough I ate three Oreos while the rest of my family was eating carrots. Why the fuck did I not just hae a carrot too? a person who is very close to me (who I will not name for fear she might assasinate me) recently had a gastric bypass, but she is still the worse influenece on me when it comes to food. Yesterday she insited I put a box of Oreos in my purse (that she ate one of), then declared she absolutely HAD to have this awesome blossom (which she had just a tiny segment from). She likes to buy the worse junk foods and only eat a couple bites. Then that food is in my path and I want a lot more then a few bites. Will power is not my strong point- working on that.

Today I will be avoiding the scale, I think. I cant take the bad news. I want to say I am going to starve myself all day to make up for yesterday, but that is not likely to happen. Taking my kids to a birthday party later today so just avoiding the cake would be a big accomplishment! I think I will make that my goal for today. Just avoid cake. Sounds easy, but I already hate the idea. lol


Why cant I be like my beautiful husband who eats non stop and gains nothing? I will add he is always moving or working out, so in addition to a lean body, he has big sexy mussles. Doesn't he look sexy in this pic eating a turkey leg at the fair yesterday? lol This man is 200 pounds of mussle and sexy, while I am all fat. One of the biggest motivations for losing weight is to keep up with him and do fun things together with him. Yesterday I saw so many things I was too fat to do and it really upset me. I want to bungee jump, go on rides, go down this giant super fun slide. It was those things that kept me from really binging because, honestly, half and awesome blossom and three oreos is a lot less then I would have had last year!




Didn't take many pictures at the fair yesterday, this pic was taken at the County Fair a couple months ago before I started my weight loss journey. Or, maybe when I was passively eating less.



Here is a pic from a couple days ago. Keep in mind I was posing and trying to look my best so the weight loss is not as dramatic as it may seem. In fact, so far, it is not really noticeable at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Weekly Blog Hop~ Welcome to my blog! Please leave a comment and a link to your blog so we can follow each other.

9 comments:

  1. Hope,
    Take one day at a time and breathe. Believe me I know that it is not fair that some people can eat whatever they want and not gain. I can just smell something bad for you and gain...haha. Always, I just wanted to say to take it easy on yourself. You are here. You are making a choice. This weight will come off. It's going to be hard and you're going to want to give up, but Hope YOU CAN DO THIS! One day at a time! Remember to ask yourself is this oreo (or whatever piece of food it may be) really worth it? Will it bring me closer to my goal? Changing habits is REALLY hard and I'm still learning. Also, on those days where are you feeling down think of why you are doing this. For example, you said "I want to bungee jump, go on rides, go down this giant super fun slide.", so keep those in mind.

    I don't think I have you on my Lose It! friends list, if you want to add me it's stardar @ gmail .com (obviously, without the spaces)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is all about the decision you make when you decide to take the first bit - it is a choice. One choice adds up to a whole bunch of choices over time. Already you are noticing that you are making the choice to have half or less of what you usually would have eaten last year.

    My hubby is 6 foot 4 and 225. He eats TONS of junk. There are chocolate bars everywhere here and chips and peanuts and jellybeans and the list goes on. It is a neverending argument asking him to keep this crap out of the house. I am lucky that my kids do not look for it and could not really care less but it is sooooooo hard on me. Hang in there and stay strong. I have faith in you that you will make to where you want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to add - yes 25 pounds is definitely noticeable. Think of the pics they use of wht 5 pounds of fat looks like. You have lost 5 of those. You look gorgeous in your recent pic - you have got great bone structure and amazing hair. Remember - the 25 will turn into 50. Daily changes add up to a whole lot of big change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. I found your link at the Lose It forum. I know you're struggling right now but after awhile you'll stop craving the junky, processed foods and your willpower will increase. It just takes the persistence of self-discipline. You can do this. :) My blog is linked below, I hope you'll pay me a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up - and you can see that you have lost weight - your cheekbones are looking lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job on your goals! One goal at a time is all it takes, and then before you know it, you'll be so much healthier than before!

    Let me just tell you that you are absolutely gorgeous! You have such a lovely face, with great eyes, great facial structure, and simply charming hair. You are going to get hit on so much! Keep on going. You're an inspiration to everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My other half is like that too! So bloody annoying. He actually struggles to keep weight on! Can you believe it! So unjust! You look gorgeous in the photo. Congrats on losing 25pounds.
    I hope I dont seem out of line, but I want you to think about your friend who you mentioned encourages you to eat junk food with her. SIt sounds like she is being an 'enabler' to you putting on weight. She makes it soudn like its no problem to eat all this stuff when its not. She is not thinking of your health or your well being. She is thinking about herself and trying to make it okay in her mind for her to have that stuff if you have it as well.
    Please really think about this type of behaviour. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Hope. I think it's really clever to just pick one goal for the day, however small it might seem in the overall scheme of things, and stick to it. 'Cause you know how hard even the little things are some times - cake a parties .... yeh, know that one! Keep going girls

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's so obvious that you've lost weight - it's fabulous. I am the same way with one of my teensy tiny friends, she will order the worst things and not understand that while she slowly picks at them, they are on the table mocking me and calling my name!!

    ReplyDelete